We are happy to share these tips which we picked up along the journey of doll making, and hope you would find them beneficial and helpful.
Safety Eyes Installation - plastic washer
The washers that come with our safety eyes are perfectly matched at the factory to be assembled by hand, the use of metal washer is a tip to install small safety eyes, as the metal washer provides more leverage, thus easing the installation process)
3. Place plastic washer over shank - with rounded side of washer facing up; flat side down
4. With your thumb supporting the front of the eye, push the washer down one 'click'.
5. Place the metal washer over the safety eye plastic washer.
6. The metal washer helps to increase leverage thus easier to push the plastic washer down with lesser effort (and pain).
7. Trim the excess shank if desired.
ALWAYS conduct a quality and safety check: try pulling out the eyes to confirm that it’s properly and securely installed.
Special note: Although most of the safety eyes, when properly installed are very securely fixed to the toy, however, toys with small parts are not suitable for very young children who put anything or everywhere into their mouths.